Monday, January 29, 2007

This is for someone today....

I heard this on the radio today...I haven't been listening much to the radio as much...but this touched me, and I think it's for someone(s) out there....

Does Anybody Hear Her?
LyricsArtist: Casting Crowns
Album: Lifesong
Track: Does Anybody Hear Her?

She is running100
Miles an hour
In the wrong direction
She is trying
But the canyons ever widening
In the depths of her cold heart
So she sets out on another misadverture just to find
she's another 2 years older and she's 3 more steps behind

Chorus:
Does anybody hear her?
Can anybody see?
Lord does anybody even know she's going down today?
Under the shadow of our steeple
with all the lost and lonely people
Searching for the hope that's tucked away in you and me
Does anybody hear her?
Can anybody see?

She is yearning
For shelter and affection
That she never found at home
She is searching
For a hero to ride in,
to ride in and save the day
And then walks in her prince charming
and he knows just what to say
A momentary lapse of reason
and she gives herself away

Chorus


If judgement looms under every steeple
If lofty glances from lofty people
Who can't see past her scarlet letter
And we never even met her
If judgement looms under every steeple
If lofty glances from lofty people
Who can't see past her scarlet letter
And we never even met her
Never even met her

Chorus 2x

He is running 100 miles an hour in the wrong direction......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite songs. I bought the CD not knowing about this song and then felt like...well, it touched me very deeply. Thanks for sharing it here.

pearlie said...

I have not heard it before - will try to look out for it in the internet radio. Reminds me of the older song, People Need the Lord. It is so true that we won't know if our friends are running or going the wrong direction. We are too engrossed in our own world to see. We have to come back to becoming the body of Christ, the community of God - to look out for one another, to show love even if it means stepping over our own set boundaries to do it.

Thanks for sharing the song!

Missy said...

I hate to say - but I see myself as more of the bad guy in this song. With all the frustration that I have been feeling struggling through trying to mature and love others unconditionally - this helps me to look through another perspective and desire to love the way I would NEED to be loved in the same situation.

Thanks for sharing this, Karen! BTW - I hope your son is feeling better and you are both more rested.

karen said...

barbara...yes, it's a touching song....and too often what happens in churches...and the community.

pearlie...you are so right!

missy....I love and admire your transparency!

Chris Ledgerwood said...

Great lyrics! I'll have to check the song out.

karen said...

Chris, it reminds me of something you might do....a good message...

Bruce said...

There are times, more than we want to admit maybe, when we are all running 100 miles and hour in the wrong direction. Love Casting Crowns. Thanks for the reminder.

I hope your day is much better today. How is your son?

B~