Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Miracles IV

Voices...if we hear them, we're supposedly candidates for medication, the loony bin...or maybe...just maybe...we're actually hearing something.

Several years ago I was driving in town and about to enter an intersection. I had the green light. No, it wasn't yellow! ;-) As I was about to enter the intersection a stern voice shouted, "Stop! Brake NOW!" So, of course, I slammed on the brakes, stopping just in the intersection...as a truck that I had not even an inkling was there...flew past me, missing me by a couple of feet. It was traveling quite fast. I would have been toast. This has happened numerous times. The voice is very loud, very masculine, and I just OBEY! :-)

One year I was teaching watercolor to a class of very nice ladies when I started to have tachycardia as class was breaking up. I thought it would go away, but it kept on, and I started getting a little scared. I called my doctor from the place we were having class, and the nurse, who I knew, actually answered the phone. I told her who it was, and she said, "How did you know to call?" I asked what she was talking about. She told me my mom was in ER, her heart had stopped in the ambulance, and they had started her up again and she was going into surgery for a pacemaker. Of course, this freaked me out...I was 25 miles from there, and started to panic a bit. A voice spoke in my head and said, "Be calm, your mother will be alright. Don't panic." So, I didn't. :-)

Then, about 4 years later, in March of '97, my mom had been recuperating from back surgery. She also had lupus, as have I, so she had been in double pain with her back. But after her surgery, she was doing and feeling great. We were all relieved. Her pain was much lessened and she had energy. But, one morning I was reading the paper and that voice gently said, "Your mom is going to die this year." Nothing mean, or vindictive in the delivery, just matter of fact, but softly. Informing me, preparing me. I went and told my husband, and he looked at me and said, "But she's doing great. Surely, you've heard wrong or were imagining it." (He was used to "the voice" by now) I didn't think so, but told no one else. In August she was diagnosed with lung cancer, and they told us that she would probably live a year or more with treatment. I didn't believe it, but said nothing. Then, the voice told me my mom would die on November 15th. Everyone that had come to see her was leaving before that Saturday, and assuring me that they would be back to see her, etc., and were relieved that she would have more time. I only told my husband this; in fact, he and my oldest were scheduled to go on a campout with Scouts at that time. I then prepped both of them to say their goodbyes, but to go ahead and go. The Wednesday night before she died, she lapsed into a coma. I had a night shift to sit with her, and decided that I needed to assure her one more time that she had been a great mom...so, even though she was in a deep coma, and on tons of morphine, I went over to her and whispered, "You're the best mom." She opened her eyes, looked right at me and whispered back, "You're the best daughter." She closed her eyes and lapsed back into the coma, from which she never awoke. She died at 6:30 a.m. November 15th.

A month after she died, the voice told me that my dad would get re-married in 18 months. He did, early June of '99.

3 comments:

... Paige said...

And that proves not all voices are bad.

Gigi said...

Thanks.....for some reason....I am scared to hear.....but I think in spite of my fear.....He is guiding me....I am hearing....thanks for the encouragement and freedom...to express what goes on in my head and heart....THANKS

karen said...

Not all voices are bad.....
sometimes I'm scared to hear, too, becky