Thursday, April 20, 2006

Calvary



When the Lord works thru people, He does it up good. Two takes on the crucifixion, one from Mark D at http://deadmanstravelog.blogspot.com/2006/04/centurions-journal.html
and
Simon at
http://adullamscave.blogspot.com/2006/04/easters-cross.html And, no, I still haven't got the hyperlink thing down, but I'm working on it!
Anyway, check 'em out. They are both so very touching. Thought I'd add this pic. I bought this old ceiling tile for cheap at a local outdoor market. I didn't like it as a square because the design bugged me...I liked the weathering, etc. When I turned it on the diagonal, it appeared to me like the gnarled branches on a tree at Calvary....and I kept staring at it, and the design forms a rugged cross. Out of the big design come beautiful scrolls, which seem as if they are giving life to the branches. Now, everytime I look at it, I'm reminded of Jesus....and of what Simon and Mark wrote. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

Mark D said...

Thanks Karen! I was touched by them both.