Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Update 11/26:
I got the same thing as older son...pretty sure he didn't give it to me because I took great biohazard precautions so that no one who came over (they had the choice NOT to come) would get it. I got it from being handed an adorable, germ-ridden grandbaby, bwess his widdle heart--and then told that they had just been sick--found out they went on to infect their entire family gathering--several generations no less.
No one that came over to our place has come down with anything, however, I did at 3 a.m. on Saturday morning; passed out 4 times; one from full standing position, luckily my face broke the fall. ER visit, fluids administered, yada yada. I love the holidays.
Update:
I believe we had a penguin, rather than a turkey, because the little twerpie thing wouldn't thaw...after 3.5 days in the fridge. He was only 13 pounds. Had to thaw him the cold water method early this morning.
Oldest son woke me at 3 in the a.m. with...um....puking is the only way to say it. He sat out the feast, but we have reserves for him. DIL came over with grandson and told me they had all been ill. Great.
Got to talk to Robert for a long time to catch up. That was great. He is very happy with his job, not being away from family, but time is going fast for him because he is so busy.
Gracie and I both limping this afternoon and evening, so we buckled up and bundled up and went for a walk to try to walk it off. It's wintery here!
It's not even 8pm, and I'm exhausted, had 7 here today. Not a lot. Just about right.
Hope yours was great (I know, I know, you don't ALL celebrate T-Day. Blessings!



If I don't get here tomorrow, I didn't want to miss saying Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am SO thankful for BlogWorld! What would my life be like without each and every one of you?? You all bring so much to the world, and you make me think, laugh, cry, and hope.

I am blessed indeed. I thank my God for all of you. Have a blessed, safe, and wonderful Thanksgiving.

(I mentioned over at Barbara's that I'm not fond of holidays in general...but I heard this song in passing and it cheered me up considerably. No, Cat Stevens did not write it.):

Morning Has Broken
Lyrics by Eleanor Farjeon


Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the world


Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass


Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

14 comments:

Bar L. said...

DITTO Sister! I am grateful to know you and hope that you have a very special Thanksgiving!!!

Robert said...

love that song!!! Amen to what barbara said enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving karen can you believe cat stevens sang Peace Train??? hmmmm

Anonymous said...

happy T day!

kc bob said...

Praise for the singing, praise for the morning

What a great thought for the morning!

Got a smile from the penguin story.

Happy Thanksgiving Karen.. a day late.. but filled with heartfelt appreciation for your friendship.

karen said...

Yeah, Cat Stevens--peace maker guy....

I love you guys!

NoVA Dad said...

And a happy belated Thanksgiving to you as well. Our youngest was also sick overnight headed into Thursday, but the funny thing about little kids is that she was so resilient and so good-natured about the whole thing. Everyone is on the mend now; hope all is well in your household...

Chris Ledgerwood said...

I never had penguin! Was it good?
Happy late T-day!

Micah Hoover said...

You had 'reserves' for him ... hilarious. Sounds like you had a good (full) thanksgiving.

Hope it was as good for you as the first one.

karen said...

Chris, great penguin! Tasted like turkey!
TBB-hope yours was great, too! Thanks for stopping by!

Bar L. said...

KAREN!!! Did you really pass out four times? Are you okay? Geez, I hope so! I guess the fact that you were able to post today is a good sign....don't overdo it! Get REST!

kc bob said...

Pasing out four times.. gives a new perspective on yada yada :(

Hope you are felling better today Karen!

karen said...

lol kb! look at your funny typo...."hope you are felling better today Karen!"

I ain't fellin' at all, I hope!!

kc bob said...

Glad I could privide a smile :)

Just think of what it could have been if I typed it with 10 fingers!

kc bob said...

privide.. make that provide.. just blame it on word verification.. which some of us don't us :)