Friday, March 31, 2006

Lil' Baby Bean


I'm going to be a Nana. At so young an age, too! ;-) My "adopted" child, R, is having a baby with his girlfriend, B. (Guess I should have shown him the Matrix Ping Pong with the free condom ad...)I admire them for hanging in there and moving forward through this; but I'm sad because they have sealed one direction for themselves, and they are young. R will now use this as an excuse to not continue schooling. But...when I look at this lil' baby bean.... awwwww shucks...... thank God they will have lots of support, especially from this Nana.....

4 comments:

... Paige said...

Congrats. It is wonderful to be nanna. You can hug & squeeze them & when they smell funny pass them back to dear ol mom or dad. We are expecting our #8 grandchild in August. We are only 45, so odds are we will get to see great grand children. Wow!

karen said...

Paige, I didn't imagine you to be in your 40's much less a nanna EIGHT times over! I figured mid 20's!!

Bar L. said...

Karen, congrats from me too. I am not a nana but a I'm a great-aunt and that's pretty close! I can relate to how you feel because my niece was only 19 when she got preg with my little sweetheart. She and her boyfriend stuck it out and finally got married a few weeks ago (now that Wyatt is 3.5 years old!).

That photo of the ultrasound is wonderful. Life. Its a good thing.

kc bob said...

Congrats Grandma! Welcome to the club. Spent last night with my two grandkids ... learn to enjoy them before you are as old as me ... they wear me out :)