Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10-20-30

This is a cool thing to do....try to think back that far! Barbara and KB have this tag to post what you were doing 10, 20 and 30 years ago. Some of you were in elementary school! LOL
Well, tag you, and let me know if you do this.
10 years ago I was preparing myself for the death of my beloved mother and best friend, Joan. The only thing that kept me sane through the whole process was the intervention of our Lord Jesus into my life. He was my ROCK then and remains so now and forever. I asked Him to take her quickly if He didn't intend on healing her. He was faithful. The doctors said she could live quite a while. She passed away a month later, November 15th, 1997. Praise the Lord, her suffering was over.
20 years ago I had a 4 month old baby, Kyle, a light in my life. I couldn't believe that I could love another human being like that. . .then 4 years later, Grant came along. How could the human heart hold such love? Incredible blessings.
30 years ago I was 20 years old; at Iowa State University and thinking about moving down to Texas to join my family who had moved earlier in the year. I made the choice, must have been a good one because I wouldn't be where I am (which I kinda like) without it!

5 comments:

kc bob said...

Sweet and bittersweet memories Karen.. thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

10- We made our first and only trip to Hawaii. What a beautiful place.
20- My eldest son started his freshman year at Baylor University. My second son started junior high, and my youngest son started first grade. No! That's impossible. I'm not that old....
30-I ended my coaching career (junior high-7years, to become a teacher only. No more $.50 per hour coaching!! I turned 32 that year. My child bride still hadn't turned 30.

Missy said...

God was faithful and full of blessings. I kinda like that he brought you to Texas, too! I did mine.

Bar L. said...

Thanks for sharing those. I only have one child but know what you mean! Its like a kind of love that is so fierce, so deep, so full.

I'm glad you ended up in Texas being who you are too :)

Joe said...

This is a very late comment but I must say this is a Good Idea!

I can go back a bit more than 10, 20 and 30 years! Until I think through it all, I have no idea what the results will be.