Monday, April 02, 2007

Snippets...








Robert called tonight. Hearing "Hi, Mom" made me both happy and sad. He'll be leaving for Germany (so far as we know now) after his AIT. Then, 2 months later, Iraq. He has come so far and grown so much. He has had such hard luck in the past. I can't express to you, unless you've had or have a son or daughter over there, how this feels. I know KB knows. I've been disenchanted with this war for some time now, and now even more so. I love this kid--this young man. I'm so proud of him for stepping up and taking care of his wife and son. He turns 21 at the end of the month. He's thriving on the routine and discipline. He thanked me again tonight for making him write "I will not defy authority" 500 times after a particular incident at school when he was 15 (started out at 100 times but his mouth got him in trouble). He sees when to rebel and when not to rebel. He gets it.





Had Michael Sunday morning for a few hours. I needed a "baby fix" after the week. Gracie decided to hunker down with him for a snooze. He has 2 speeds: fast forward and stop!







Here is my teenager, caught in an Uncle moment. He thinks babies are hilarious.










A friend gave me this mug a few years ago. It says, "Coffee Break with God" on one side; "Lord, I know that no matter what happens today, You and I can handle it together. Amen" on the other.
Think I'll be having coffee out of this one for a while....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for this young man and the end to this war

Missy said...

I've had to face this fear with a husband - can't imagine it with a child. My prayers for Robert, for you and the rest of his family begin today.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful when our children become responsible adults. After many 'incidents' my son is proving to be a good husband and father and I praise God.
We will keep Robert in our prayers and also pray that this 'war' will soon be over. Disenchanted doesn't come close to how I feel about the whole mess!

Carolanne said...

War seems like a long way away for me. It's mentioned but I don't have anyone who has gone there and I hope it ends soon.

I love the photos and especially like the mug!