Thursday, June 29, 2006

adventures of invisible woman....


okay, this is kind of funny, but a little pathetic......my right eye started hurting last night. It woke me up around 3 am. I noticed slight swelling. Went back to sleep and it was nearly swollen shut this morning. No itch, no redness....just pain and swelling. Here's the pathetic part: NO ONE HAS NOTICED!!!......except......the dog. She was sniffing around my head and eye this morning before our walk. Hmmmmmm.......maybe I'll shave my head....think they'd notice? update...it's a stye/staph infection...got some stuff...invisible woman sat in the doctor's office....the ONLY PATIENT in there.....and waited over an hour! {:-/ 'nother update....then, some "unknown caller" keeps calling me! Is it my invisible friend? :-D

12 comments:

Michael said...

Sorry to hear about both your eye and being invisible.

I hope it gets better quickly. Luckily it is not painful.

I can empathize with being invisible though. At one point in my life I swear I really was. I stood directly in front of a hostess at a restaurant and it wasn't until I talked did she even see me. But that is a long story too.

BTW - I can see you.

Take Care
Michael

Gigi said...

Going to get it checked???

karen said...

Yup, got it checked...thanks y'all! It got painful, so I got to the doc...stye/staph infection.

Bruce said...

Hello? Are you there? Maybe you change your pic to just a blank one. I can photoshop your face out and just leave the hair. :-)

Pray it gets better soon. Do they know what caused it?

B~

karen said...

Ha, Bruce....funny guy! Actually, I thought about that! ;-) heheh! So, posted a pic! Great minds? or maybe not so great....
Styes are common, I guess; staph and strep are everywhere, if your immune system is wonky like mine is, can just kinda getcha!

karen said...

Michael, after looking at your picture, I find it hard to see you as invisible...so cute! ;-)

Bar L. said...

you're funny. sorry no one noticed, but I bet they would if you shaved your head :) Hope your eye is back to normal soon. I ordered those books today - ya gotta loved used books on Amazon!!!

trace said...

love that dog of yours...hope you are feeling better

bruced said...

Being invisible has its advantages. At least no one will miss you if you don't go to church. No one knew you were there in the first place!

karen said...

LOL

kc bob said...

Yikes! Sorry about the eye and even more sorry that no one noticed :)

Guess it is a commentary on how we all rush around and don't really 'see' other people.

Hope you are doing better Karen.

Mark D said...

Sorry to hear about your eye - I've heard that honey works well on any type of infection. It does wonders for sunburn also.