Saturday, November 26, 2005

Judgments



I sometimes forget why I thought Christians were such a pain in the rear before I was a Christian. Now I remember. Some of them ARE a pain in the rear.
It's the judgment. The condemnation. The insistence on seeing everything eye to eye or you just don't "have it." The failure of me or others to measure up.
The only truth is Him. Everything else is butter on the toast. We need to see where we agree, not disagree. I certainly will not sit here and say, "He's saved, she's not. She's saved, he's not." That's not my call. It's His. I cannot expend my energy worrying about what I or someone else believes unless it hurts another human being. And that is what makes some Christians a pain in the rear.
My purpose is known to Him and to me. I'm an encourager. I have been blessed with many gifts. He has been so good to me. I harbor no resentment, no anger, no jealousy about the gifts of others. I revel in the gifts of others, and nothing makes me happier than to see someone take a beautiful picture, write a good essay, paint something awesome, get totally passionate about a cause, or sing beautifully. There is no place for jealousy in the Kingdom. All good things come from Him, and to deny or resent these things is to deny or resent Him. Revel in the gifts of others. Encourage them. It's a true blessing.

No comments: