Sunday, August 06, 2006

Big Daddy says....

Don't you love it when you ask God to give you something? A scripture, a verse, ANYTHING to tell you something, encourage, whatever. He is always faithful, too. He gave me this scripture yesterday. It is perfect for a current situation...and it both encouraged me...and humbled me. I love the equality--and the respect-- that Paul affords these women that he is referring to. They fought along side of him. They are his coworkers. Not his employees, not his slaves, not his underlings. They are his CO-workers.
He'll give you something, too. He will speak directly to you and your heart. What do you think He might tell you?

Philipians 4:2-5 (The Source New Testament)

I encourage Euodia and I encourage Syntyche to think along the same lines along with the Lord. Yes, and I ask you, too, Synzugos, to assist these women seeing that they fought in the contest with me for the Good News, with Clement too, and the rest of my coworkers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

I do love it when God does that! I need to sit down with him later and ask him to give me something.

Glad you got what you needed :)

trace said...

coming from a woman who teaches and leads in church, good to hear these thoughts.

kc bob said...

I love Paul's heart ... don't know why some people think that he was a chauvinist?

Here is a booklet that you might enjoy reading entitled: Women in Leadership. Let me know what you think.

karen said...

Bar,hope you get what you need, too!
Trace....keep going! :-)
KB: I love that!